When you have decided to rent a property these are the following processes to go through:
- On contacting us we will need your name, address, mobile/telephone and email. We will need to know your budget, how many are in your family, type of property required and the area of your search.
- Once you are registered with us you will automatically receive information of suitable properties.
- When you have agreed to take a property a holding deposit is required, which is 50% of one months rent. This will ensure that the property is taken off the market and no further viewings will be undertaken. This holding deposit will form part of the deposit to be held by the DPS during the length of the tenancy agreement. This will be refunded, if the references are unsatisfactory or if the landlords withdraws from the agreement. In the event that the prospective tenant withdraws from the agreement the landlord reserves the right to retain the holding deposit.
- The Tenancy Set Up Fee which is non-refundable costs; £150 for a single applicant and £175 for 2 applicants. The Tenancy Set Up Fee covers all referencing costs and drawing up the tenancy agreement.
- When terms have been agreed we will email an application for a tenancy form which enables us to carry out a credit check and referencing.
- Rents are quoted per calendar month and are payable in advance. In most circumstances the tenant is responsible for council tax, water and drainage charges, heating, light and telephone. The responsiblity of these charges will be written in the tenancy agreement.
- The deposit will be held separately, for the length of the tenancy agreement, under the terms of the deposit protection scheme (DPS). CHP Lettings is a ” Member of the Property Redress Scheme”, and our deposits are held by “The Deposit Protection Scheme.”